Haircut How Much Haircuts Cost Around the World $15 Vs. $500
– Yo, Kwesi. – Let me predict, you shooting a Worth It video? No, leave it, left open on. Leave it on. This is what people gotta go through with this person. – Anyway, I’m looking for the fresh person at BuzzFeed. You wanna come along? – I would love to join you on this road tour. – Today, on “Worth It Lifestyle” we’re gonna try three haircuts at three drastically different toll points to find out which one is the most worth it at its rate. – Ain’t that the truth? – You say “Worth It.” – Oh, worth it.
-[ Steve] Kwesi! – What’s up, sidekick? – You’re looking fresh, as usual. – Thank you, Steve. – You wanna say anything about me? – Um … – No? – You appear good, man. – That’s why I was delving for it.( laughs) I got protrudes here, and on the bottom here are the dollar sums. -[ Kwesi] Right. – Whatever you have selected, you get, alright? – This one.( dinging) – Oh man! Alex, you get the next one, “youre ready”?( fast funky music) He got the inexpensive one. The opinion of the show is cheap, medium, expensive, these are the best at the cost point.
– Okay. So, it’s not like a inexpensive one is going to be a bad haircut. It’s just that some of us like to live the life of luxury. – Like ya boy. – Our first smudge is called N Spot Barber here on Crenshaw in Los Angeles. – The most staple black business, everyone knows, is the spot where you get your haircut. – Really? – Barbershop is like your half-way therapist, half-way person who makes you appear fresh. – That’s a good rate, you get a haircut and you get therapy for like 20 bucks.
– And sometimes, she rubs my honcho and pops pimples.
– Woo.( light rhythmic music) – My name is Chico. I work at The N Spot on Crenshaw and 48 th and I will be cutting Alex’s hair today. – How long you been cuttin ‘? – I’ve been doin’ this since I was 15. My mom’s best friend gave me a bowl slash, so– – That was it. – Right before academy, and then I started practising on your best friend. It became something where I was comfy dealing with different identities and different people. – Can you tell us about The N Spot? – It’s been here since 1999. It was opened by Nakia Burns. And this is a woman we’re talkin’ about, runnin’ a barber store. She’s got history behind this. – Was it stimulating to start a business here? – It was scary, the hardest portion is getting people to work here, constructing a clientele. You have to really hustle. – What’s unique about, like, this area and this vicinity? -[ Nakia] People. – Yeah, and really we’re down the street from Crenshaw High.
Some of my patrons, I’ve been cuttin’ them since they was in high school. Watchin’ them grow up to be decent ripened boys, that’s the best part about it.
– Alex is gonna be get the haircut today. What do you think will be good for him? – The crest of the leader must be free to like, half way, at least( chortles) -[ Kwesi] That needs to go. -[ Chico] And we can give him a clean fade-out on the side. -[ Kwesi] Yeah, you need to get a little cohesive with the slouse. – You gonna get, like, a good shadow disappearance. I’m going to start with the bottom fade, then wield my route up to the medium fade-out. And where reference is are going to the pinnacle, cut the top down, so I’ll know how to fade the sides in to the pinnacle, and blend it all in. -[ Kwesi] Who’s your top three rappers, dead or alive? Alright, Steven? – Nah, you go first, I don’t have enough street cred on this one, Kwesi.
-[ Kwesi] Who’s your top three? – I got Andre 3000, Black Thought, and Jay. – You know I’m going with Pac, all day. – Number one. – Number one. – Number two’s gotta be Snoop. Knives would have to be three. -[ Steven] Alright Kwesi, who you got? – Jay, number one. Kendrick, number two. Number three, can’t even front man, Drake.
His rap thing has– – I don’t think he been in video games long enough. -[ Steven] Alright Kwesi, you crave my three? I had time to think about it. One, Biggie. Two, Drake. Three, Chance, sorry. -[ Kwesi] There’s no ruling here gentleman. – Yes the hell there is.( laughs) You on the Western coast, you gonna say Biggie? Come on, bro. You done with the scissoring the top edge, that’s when you go with the line up.
Once we’re done with that, brushing’ em off and placed the booze on’ em. – What is the importance of a good haircut? – The fade-out and the crispy line up. You could have a good line up, but if you have a bowl piece, male, that’s kind of, like, throwin it off. That’s $ 15 for the slashed and with the shave it’ll be $20. -[ Steven] What do you think? – Hopefully you’re not just sayin’ that for the camera, male. -[ Steven] You just sayin’ that? – For real? Thank you. – Can you take off your headphones for a second? I wanna admire Chico’s work. Nice. – You gotta appreciate that detail and, like, the vibes were right, too.
It was all love in there. – Haircut fact! – Oh my God, I’m part of the( bleep) fact, part of the reveal. What’s the fact, Steven? – In the Middle Ages, barbers, – Yeah. – Weren’t merely barbers. They also were professionals in bloodletting, bone train, and teeth pulling. – All one person? – Yeah. Chico, I would trust him to draw my teeth. – Chico’s a good guy. I won’t trust Chico to pluck my teeth.
I don’t think Chico has any experience with pulling teeth.
– I’m a little bit stale, so we’re going to go freshen me up. Exit to a private parlour. – You gonna get your whisker recolored? – Oh yeah. If we’re going to do this, we gotta do it privilege. I’m gonna go all out. Stay fresh. It’s not Subway, it’s Steven’s hair. – Oh, let’s be quiet.
Let that joke die. Shh, shh. It’s still not dead yet, hold on.( bright rhythmic music) – Hi, I’m Tiffany, and we’re at Studio Tilee. And I’m going to give you a haircut, but we’re likewise going to bleach your “hairs-breadth” and demonstrate it a really cool complexion. – We were just at a barber store. -[ Tiffany] Okay. – Now we’re here at a salon.
What is the experience like for a client gait in the door? – I say, “Hello”, make sure that they’re comfortable.
It’s really that first, initial time is structure that rely. I’m sitting with them and I’m touching areas that nobody contacts. I normally don’t ask, like, the superficial occasions of their lives. It’s more like, how do you want to feel at the end of it genuinely. – So, are you ready to get your hair styled and dyed. – Can you facilitate me out here? I require duration and I want mantles and I exactly want it to look natural.
– I feel like you want to be low maintenance, but you also wanna have style. – Yeah, I wanna versatile hair slouse. – What’s your biggest struggle with your whisker? – Manufacturing it have capacity. – So, when your mane is wet, if you want that loudnes, you know how you wear it down, blow dry it the opposite guidance. And then you can restrain it with wax and other products. – What should I do for shade? – I want to do something where you have a gradient, kind of like a storm on your fuzz, something fun.
-[ Steven] Here we go. – So, we’re going to bleach your “hairs-breadth”. I’m just going to start at your root, and then blend it out. -[ Kwesi] Top three rappers of all time, run. – Of direction, Tupac and I did like Biggie as well. I symbolize, there’s a lot. Jay-Z, I do like Jay-Z a lot. It’s looking promising. Ready to get rinsed out? – Yeah. – Okay. – One hundred percent relaxed. – Alright, so yeah. – Whoa.( giggles) -[ Kwesi] So, what’s next? The process is a– – Again, rarely it’s one time.
( upbeat driven music) Alright, let’s bathe your hair. – Oh man. Whoa! It’s, like , not even blonde anymore, it’s almost white.
– I wanna get my “hairs-breadth” rinsed so bad. – Sometimes, the shampoo bowl is, like, the right place to be in the shop. – Can I just go into the shampoo bowl? – Yeah, of course. – Solid. Cool. – Have you not ever get your “hairs-breadth” washed– – Never, ever in my life. – Okay. – I’m really happy right now.( murmurs)( uplifting music) Oh, even this feelings good. Thank you. -[ Tiffany] You’re welcome. We’re gonna start with your coloring. -[ Steven] What are you gonna doing in there? – Dimensional silver, grey-haireds, lavender, gotta see how I feel.
It’s like a recipe. – I like that. Here “theres going”. -[ Kwesi] So, it’s purple now until you clean it out? -[ Tiffany] There’s some lavender in there, but it will be silver, actually. -[ Kwesi] Why does it come out lavender? -[ Tiffany] He pulls, naturally, a lot of yellowed, you want purple to make it the softest white-hot colour of silver-tongued that they are able to. -[ Kwesi] Wow. So, the purple nullifies it out? -[ Tiffany] Yeah, precisely, complexion improvement. -[ Kwesi] Look at him. Don’t get used to this, man.
( chortles) – Are you ready to see? – Oh, I can see a peek, oh! Yeah, yes.
Wow! It’s, like, as if a crayon casket of pastels exploded on my whisker. -[ Kwesi] Yeah, the gray-headeds look insane refrigerate. – And we haven’t even get to the slashed role. Are you scissor cutting everything? – Yes, I’m cutting segment, but I’m likewise making shorter sections within that length, so that you have texture, you have volume. – How do I not forget mane? – Massage your scalp verses scratching those areas that maybe you are losing fuzz. It will re-stimulate it. Brushing is the easiest space to do it, actually. – I don’t even recognise myself, to be honest. -[ Kwesi] You’ve never had a haircut like this, before? – It’s the combination of everything. The coloring, the slouse. Watching you watch me. – Watching you, watching me. -[ Tiffany] It’s supposed to be silver-tongued, but once we dry it, it’ll be different too.
– Oh my gosh, nice! This large, wow. – Hold on, don’t touch it. – Oh sorry. -( chortles) Merely kidding.( giggles) -[ Kwesi] You look great, gentleman. – Thanks, Kwesi. Oh my goodness, you were right. I feel so fresh right now. It’s influenced so well back here.
Are you ready to go to San Antonio? – I’m ready to get rid of this. All of this.
– You’re up next human. We’ve obliged it to San Antonio, and it is– – Hot. – Yes. – Very hot. I can’t believe we’re in San Antonio right now, merely to get a haircut. – That’s right, it’s how the demonstrate runs human. – Haircut fact. – The average men’s haircut expenditure in the United States is 20 dollars. – That seems right, I compensate about 30 bucks for my haircut. – Oh, you live in Los Angeles. Guess the average cost of a haircut in LA. – Probably, 45 bucks. – Wow! You are on object. – Yeah son. – We’re going to Rob the Original Barber. He’s known for primarily hair sculpting. – Sounds expensive. – What’re you gonna get engraved in your president, though? That’s the thing you gotta figure out. – It should be a advantage that I have Rob the Barber cut a likenes of your smiling look. – My face? No. – Yep, so everyone knows you’re my pal. – No , no, I cannot live with my face in your head.
What are you going to tell your mama? – “Mom, look at my pal.
“Look at my friends.”( laughs)( quick orchestral music) – I’m Rob Ferrel, better known as Rob the Original and today we’re going to be doing a crazy “hairs-breadth” design in Kwesi’s hair. – What acquires your shop, you know, different? – We chiefly target buyers that get detailed haircuts. We do, you know, from whiskers, to eyebrows, to hair layouts , no matter what it is. – What motivated you, to like, start doing blueprints on people’s thoughts? – I wanted to kind of specified myself apart and I started designing out likeness. And now it’s become a occasion to where barbers do portraits. – Person get people’s faces on their whisker. – Yes. Life-like likeness. – So, it’s like a temporary tattoo that’ll develop back in.
– Exactly. So, if you were going to get your girlfriend’s portrait done, I would recommend get onto on your haircut firstly. – And what was the most intricate haircut you ever granted someone? – “The Last Supper” on a haircut, on my Instagram it got almost three million views.
– I patently requirement a haircut. – First of all, you have less than a centimeter of hair. What do you symbolize, you need a haircut? – I know, this looks good, but it could was better. – After the haircut’s done, you’ll determine certain differences. – Any recommendations on what I should get? – What is it that you like to get, or inspires you? – The only thing I can feel that is me, is I’m extremely New York, thick and thin.
But, I’m a transplant of Los Angeles. – You’ve got that California love, but you’re New York by center. We could do something dope on your head.
– Okay, my psyche is in your hands.( giggles) – You’re in my hands, bro, you’re in my hands. – Before we start, top three rappers, dead or alive. – Tupac. – Boom. – Eminem, Jay-Z. – At least Hov stimulates it in to the top three, every extend. – Whenever I do hair blueprints, I use a image off my phone.
We’re gonna not use the phone and we’re just going to freestyle this. -[ Steven] Kwesi, how you feel about that? – I feel fine, I speculate I’m in good hands. Let’s do this. – We’re going to start with prepping my canvas,’ effect your whisker is my canvas today. When I do designs, I like to listen to music that will contribute me a lot. – I necessitate, if you want to listen to some music, do it.
– I’m surely going to jam-pack out, then.( rhythmic orchestral music) – I’m gonna to be using my trimmers to freehand and start carving a NY then a CA and do some detailed designs in there. By the channel, I engraved these, bro. -[ Kwesi] Oh yeah? – Yeah, I engraved these. I carve images on them. – That’s amazing. – Yeah. – You got a lifetime of job ahead of you, man.
-( laughs) Thanks, gentleman. – Yeah, boy. -[ Rob] We’re gonna straight razor. I’m gonna go ahead and shave all the detail inside the notes and the edge up, and the beard. Clean it up nice. At first, when I was cutting mane I thought it wasn’t looked at as in a good career. But, certainly now, there’s people that don’t even speak my own language that literally have to character in translator on a phone and tell me, “I became a barber, because of you.” -[ Steven] It’s crazy how social media just wholly developed so many tasks for people. – Yes, I agree on that.
I’m gonna go ahead and apply mas colour color onto his hair, to bring out some of the oppose spheres, to make a more specific image.
Let’s check it out. – Good seeming out Rob. That’s amazing.( laughs) Best of both natures, in a sense. Damn man. It’s like normal from the front, but the from the back it’s, like Do the Right Thing and its Boyz in the Hood on this area. – Alright my G, so that’s it gentleman. -[ Steven] It appears sick, Kwesi. – Thank you, human. This is the most extreme haircut I ever had. – I hope you enjoy your haircut. Now they are able to rep New York and Cali at the same day. – Applause to the feeling. -( giggles) Applause to the tint? – San Antonio. – Oh! – Which haircut was the most worth it at its price, to you? – Wow, this is pretty hard.
We all have really great haircuts.
“N spot”, it feels like you’re at their own families thanksgiving dinner. It find super comfortable. But, my worth noting winner has to be Rob the Original. The detailed descriptions of Rob, you gotta admire that. – Watching him slowly chip away at each hair you had was insane. Tiffay, Tilee Studios, she not only gives you an amazing haircut and amazing coloring, but she learns you to maintain it. For me, my Worth It winner, Tilee Studios, Tiffany Lee. Just because, this colour that she achieved with my mane, I’ve never been able to get this before. Maintain up, Alex, who’s your worth it winner? What, so we all trust our own smudges. – Oh, we did. – Good journey? – It’s a good trip man, thank you. – You comin’ back on the demonstrate? – We’ll see what happens.
– What do you signify, “we’ll see what happens? ” That was an invitation to the next escapade and you said– – We’ll see what happens. – We’ll see what happens. – You’re out. Good night. -( giggles) Good night, folks. Oh we should do a Lethal Weapon. Me and you, like this. -[ Steven] No! – Back to back. Do that, do that, do it, do it dude.
Steven please, Steven please, do it. Do Lethal Weapon with me, please dude. Lethal Weapon, me and my chum, and there’s Alex too. – This has gone too far ..